WG - Field Service Technician US
Position: Field Service Tech, Wheelabrator
Position Reports To: Service Manager, North America
Salary Range: Competitive
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provide mechanical and technical service to customers regarding inspections, maintenance, service, repairs, rebuild and upgrades to all types of blast equipment. Proficient in conducting all of the physical attributes of the job. Proactive in providing solutions to problems.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Provide/Perform technical service, maintenance, repairs and start-ups of all types of blast equipment.
• Troubleshoot and debug (mechanical and electrical).
• Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts and detailed plans
• Prepare machine specific inspection reports, identifying safety issues, replacement, wear, preventative maintenance, and training needs.
• Work effectively with other Wheelabrator personnel, contractors, and customer maintenance personnel
• Field customer service calls about service or maintenance
• Effectively communicate installation/service status with the Sales Department, Service Administrator, Service Manager, Warranty Coordinator, and Customer Service.
• In conjunction with sales and customer service, establish and grow strong customer relationships.
• Identify and escalate ideas for improvement (cost control, time savings, productivity, customer SPIN)
• Conducts on –site customer training including proper operational and equipment maintenance
• Ability to travel 90-100% of the week (away from home office).
• Work extremely flexible hours, including holidays and weekends, as required.
• Responsible for expense management and service revenues.
• Complete all documentation legibly and in a timely manner as required.
• Keep sales abreast of customer specific opportunities, issues, or concerns.
• Continuous education and certifications to maintain up to date technical knowledge of our equipment lines.
• Responsibilities include welding, burning, brazing, soldering, fabrication, mechanical and electrical capabilities. Other skill utilization may be necessary depending on job order.
• Ability to supervise projects and contractors as needed.
• Ability to manage own schedule efficiently and effectively.
• Commitment to adhere to Service Team Principles and Take 5 philosophy.
• Ability to comply with all Wheelabrator Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements and other applicable federal, state, and local EHS requirements.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Customer Focused - Serves both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the clients needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Three to seven years related experience
- Computer Skills: Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office/Outlook.
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record, Welding certificate preferred.
- Other Requirements: Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Rigging, and Ventilation knowledge and aptitude required. Welding experience. Must be proficient in blueprint reading and interpretation along with an understanding of basic Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) terminology.
Job Type: Full-time