Field Service Technician - StrikoWestofen, US
Provide mechanical and technical service to customers regarding commissioning, inspections, maintenance, service, repairs, rebuild and upgrades to both melt and dosing furnaces and all types of foundry equipment delivered from StrikoWestofen. Proficient in conducting all of the physical attributes of the job. Proactive in providing solutions to problems.
· Provide/Perform commissioning and technical service, maintenance, repairs and start-ups of all types of StrikoWestofen equipment
· Troubleshoot and debug (mechanical and electrical)
· Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts and detailed plans
· Prepare machine specific inspection reports, identifying safety issues, replacement, wear, preventative maintenance, and training needs
· Work effectively with other StrikoWestofen / Norican personnel, contractors, and customer maintenance personnel
· Field customer service calls about service or maintenance
· Effectively communicate installation/service status with the Sales Department, Service Administrator, Service Manager, Warranty Coordinator, and Customer Service
· In conjunction with sales and customer service, establish and grow strong customer relationships
· Identify and escalate ideas for improvement (cost control, time savings, productivity, customer SPIN)
· Conducts on –site customer training including proper operational and equipment maintenance
· Ability to travel 80-100% of the week (away from home office)
· Work extremely flexible hours, including holidays and weekends, as required
· Responsible for expense management and service revenues
· Complete all documentation legibly and in a timely manner as required
· Keep sales abreast of customer specific opportunities, issues, or concerns
· Continuous education and certifications to maintain up to date technical knowledge of our equipment lines
· Responsibilities include mechanical, electrical, PLC capabilities. Other skill utilization may be necessary depending on job order
· Ability to supervise projects and contractors as needed
· Ability to manage own schedule efficiently and effectively
· Commitment to adhere to Service Team Principles and Take 5 philosophy
· Ability to comply with all Norican Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements and other applicable federal, state, and local EHS requirements
· Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
· Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
· Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
· Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Customer Focused - Serves both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the clients needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
· Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
· Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
· Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
· Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
· Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
· Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
· Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
· Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
· Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
· Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Skills and Abilities
Three to seven years related experience
PLC & HMI Programming in Allen Bradley and Siemens (to Service tech standard)
Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office/Outlook.
Certificates & Licenses
Valid Driver's License with good driving record.
Electrical, Mechanical, PLC, Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge and aptitude required. Must be proficient in blueprint reading and interpretation along with an understanding of basic Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) terminology.
Ability to work in a field, manufacturing, processing, or office environment. Ability to maintain self and the assigned vehicle/workplace in a clean and organized.
Work Remotely: Yes
Position Reports To: Service Manager, North America
Travel: 90% travel
Salary Range: Competitive