Field Service Technician - DISA, US
POSITION: FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN DISA
Position Reports To: Service Manager, North America
Travel: 70% travel
Salary Range: Competitive
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for representing DISA in the marketplace and to build and reinforce customer relationships by providing responsive service to them.
A successful hire will install, trouble shoot and repair DISA’s green sand molding equipment and inspect DISA’s molding equipment to identify all future parts and service needs.
This position can be based from a home office anywhere in the US that has a major international airport within a short distance from home. The preferred location will be Chicago.
SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for:
· Installation of new equipment
· Trouble shoot and repair DISA green sand molding equipment.
· Inspect machines for safety, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical problems.
· Perform electronic and hydraulic tune-ups to machines.
· Evaluate the customer’s needs for machine parts.
· Conduct training classes to inform and educate customer’s maintenance personnel.
· Conduct direct and clear communication with the customers regarding their specific needs.
CAPABILITIES, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders (maintenance personnel and management) within customer’s organization.
- Ability to manage the activities of the customer’s maintenance personnel and / or outside contractors during machine installations or major overhauls.
- Strong communication skills coupled with technical knowledge and aptitude. Must be good at problem solving and decision making and communicating these issues to clients in a positive and helpful manner.
Oral: Excellent verbal skills required to communicate complex instructions and analysis and present ideas, concepts and solutions to all levels of employees.
Language Fluency: Qualified candidates must be fluent in English and Spanish would be a plus.
Written: Excellent written skills are required to issue instructions and present ideas, concepts, and solutions to all levels of employees and vendors via email, graphs, charts, etc., that are organized, clearly stated and concise.
Education, Training and Experience
· Bachelors degree in an engineering or business-related discipline/major.
· Will consider high school graduate with the requisite on-the-job experience and knowledge.
· Previous experience in the maintenance area of a foundry operation.
· Previous hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronics experience.
· Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products.
· Experience with sales, customer service, and key account management on a regional or national level requiring extensive travel and self-direction.
· Experience from an organization with a very strong focus on customer service
Job Type: Full-time