Norican Group is searching for a Machinist who will be based in North America in LaGrange, GA
Set up and operate a variety of conventional machine tools such as lathes , horizontal and vertical milling machines, drill presses and CNC machine centers to cut and shape metal parts.
- Sets up such metal cutting machines as drill presses, horizontal and vertical milling machines, lathes and grinders.
- Determines and sets feeds and speeds to properly cut metal.
- Utilizing such hand measuring devices as tapes, scales, micrometers, calipers to check parts for proper finish and dimensions.
- Sets up and operates computer or numerical control mills and lathes under direct supervision.
- Selects and secures proper tools, fixtures and machine attachments, and as required, grinds old tools.
- Is responsible for keeping work area clean by sweeping floor, removing trash and properly storing parts and materials.
- Is responsible for maintaining good relations with customers, vendors and plant personnel.
- Is responsible for working safely, informing management of any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts.
- Is responsible for informing management of ideas for improving the efficiency of the operation.
- May be subjected to written and verbal testing.
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Good shop math skills
- Must be able to read blueprints
- 3 + years preferred
- CNC experience