Wheelabrator is searching for a Product Group Technician. The job is a remote position for the Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana area.
To pursue customer satisfaction during the installation of new equipment and modernization programs (EMP), service and commissioning. Provides mechanical and technical service to customers in relation to inspections, maintenance, service, repairs, rebuilds and upgrades. This position is responsible for organizing and managing contractors at customers’ sites for the installation of new equipment and EMP equipment commissioning, as well as supporting the service department on various initiatives.
1. Implement Corporate, Company and Departmental directives.
2. Review customer and machine information and contact customer prior to arrival.
3. Meet the customer and complete an inventory check on equipment.
4. Keep the customer informed on your schedule to complete all duties on assigned projects.
5. Ensure abrasive is correct for the application (see detail of order).
6. Influence the customer to have spare parts on site.
7. Perform mechanical and electrical checks before energizing the control panel.
8. Perform a detailed functionality test of the mechanical and electrical system before adding abrasive.
9. Add abrasive to the machine and complete the set up and troubleshooting of the equipment.
10. Train the operator, maintenance and management to optimize machine performance and efficiency.
11. Review the project with the appropriate authorized individuals, providing the customer with an opportunity to discuss any issues.
12. Complete the reports/checklists provided for the project assigned with the customer’s authorized representative.
13. Leave the customer a copy of the all reports.
14. Inform and influence the customer to call the territory sales and service representative for issues outside of the warranty, and to call the inside representative for parts.
15. Return the reports/checklists, running service log, field notes, marked up drawings, photographs and updated version of the program to the office.
16. Ensure request for purchase orders are sent to Service Co-ordinator with contractors fixed price for any field work.
17. Coordinate outside contractors to perform warranty work as required.
18. Work extra hours and/or weekends as required.
19. Field customer service calls about service or warranty issues as required.
20. Partner with engineering, projects, sales, management to develop best solution on problem jobs.
21. Interface with Suppliers on technical information where applicable.
22. Ensure complete customer satisfaction on all interactions.
23. Authorized to purchase up to $100.00 before consulting supervisor.
24. Perform all work in a safe manner.
25. Other duties as may be assigned.
• Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
• Working knowledge of PLC programming.
• Intermediate welding skills
• Good customer service skills, ability to maintain a mature, problem solving attitude in stressful conditions.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Good analytical skills to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems.
• Basic pneumatic skills and rigging knowledge.
• Technical communication skills.
• A self-starter with the ability to maintain a high level of productivity and instil in outside resources.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and physically demanding environment.
• Must be comfortable working at heights in a physical environment.
• Ability to travel and work flexible hours (estimated amount of travel 100%).
• Good computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.