With the aim to strengthen, accelerate and sustain the strategic sourcing effort, Norican is creating new category lead positions. The intention of the category leads roles is to set the standard for Norican category management and add more bandwidth to deliver the strategic projects globally. In particular we are now looking for a category lead for Contract Manufacturing.
She/he will be based in Brescia (Italy), but covering a wider working area: Italy, Eastern Europe – and extending approach to China, India working with the local/regional sourcing leads
Reporting to SVP Strategic Sourcing/CPO, the Category Lead Contract Manufacturing will Based in Capriano del Colle (Brescia), Italy but it is expected to spend abroad approx. 10 days per month.
- Mapping and analyzing data and spend patterns, identifying cost drivers and opportunities in European region
- Monitoring of expenditures, compliance, supply market dynamics and supplier performance in specific categories,
- Implementation and further development of the contract manufacturing sourcing strategy in Europe for Norican in collaboration with Product Supply, CPI and RSS, aligned with Norican’s objectives of total cost of ownership, time to market, supply chain performance, Quality and Compliance.
- Management of the category in tight collaboration with key business stakeholder, driving delivery of TCO optimizations and benefits as well as alignment across the European Norican supply chain,
- Implementation of best practice for the category across sites and regions in Europe
- Working in close collaboration with the local purchasing teams actively Manage the performance of Norican’s network of Contract Manufacturing partners in close collaboration with the European purchasing teams via best practices such as regular business reviews and performance scorecards to drive continuous improvement across all relevant performance metrics.
- Define Norican contract manufacturing compliance requirements & ensure partners meet or exceed these requirements.
- Lead/support selection of Contract Manufacturing partners in accordance with long term strategy and in collaboration with Product Supply, CPI and Sales Organizations.
- Global perspective
- Strategic mindset
- Ensures accountability
- Drives result
Professional experience & background:
- Education in business, economics, engineering, technical or supply chain, combined with practical technical experience
- Work experience in procurement and/or category management,
- Technical understanding with preference in mechanical fabrication and machining area,
- Solid understanding of the basic areas within manufacturing operations and how they inter-relate, including procurement, product costing, supply chain management, quality management, regulatory compliance, sustaining engineering, logistics & customer fulfillment.
- Relevant experience in outsourced manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated track record of movement of production from inhouse to 3rd party.
- Eastern European and Italian fabrication/machining supply base experience
- Excellent communication skills and assertiveness,
- Good Italian and English language communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- International exposure,
- Cross cultural understanding and strong stakeholder management skills
Please send your application and CV to Human.Resources.email@example.com, as soon as possible.