DISA India invites applications for EHS Country Manager for Bangalore location. This position has the responsibility to assure that all sites are in compliance with applicable environmental and health/safety laws and regulations, as well as Corporate and Site EHS Standard Operating Procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable NORICAN Safety Policies.
- Audit recordkeeping practices and Safety Database entries to ensure compliance to NORICAN global safety standards and local regulations
- Responsible for Country EHS targets
- The EHS Manager will be responsible for collaborating with Management and the people responsible at individual sites & services locations to execute the company EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and national regulations.
- Ensure site leadership and representatives are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under EHS policy
- Identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies.
- Measure the sites performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies
- Ensure safety record keeping and data integrity and provides management with accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
- Audit the workplace and employees’ behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent
- Inspect, Audit the workplace, and minimize or eliminate hazards from processes, such as incorrect working methods, and materials, such as potentially toxic substances.
- To monitor and follow-up on the EHS Reporting and Review, Scorecards and KPI’s and strive to align and standardize processes
- To provide a communication link between various functions and act as EHS Country Coordinator
- Work towards prevention and eliminating injury and illness to employees and assist companies to comply with safety laws
- To ensure that legal non-compliance is avoided, but in case of such act swiftly to initiate corrective actions. To keep abreast of EHS development (laws, regulations etc.) in the country and keep the local management team informed of matters considered to be in the best interest to the organization
- Must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
- Must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing.
- Possess excellent safety program and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with operational teams
Qualifications: Bachelor of Engineering and / or Bachelor’s in Industrial Safety
- Proven track record of working with global companies in EHS function
- Must possess rich knowledge of EHS regulations prevailing in the country
- 12 - 15 years of experience in EHS, Quality and Business Excellence out of which 5 years in corporate EHS role
- Excellent verbal/ written communication
- Exposure to quality management systems
- Knowledge on Food Safety standards
- Lead/ Internal auditor certification of the above standards will be an advantage
- Collaborative relationship
- Influencing People
- Instills trust
- Strategic mindset
- Ensure Accountability
- Drive results
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com on or before 20th Aug 2019.