Field Service Engineer – Capital Equipment, Midlands area
An opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join our Wheelabrator Wheel Service Division. As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for visiting clients’ sites for installation / upgrades / maintenance and equipment inspections.
Geography: Candidate must have the right to work in the UK. Role is UK wide - Midlands Area. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will live within a 40 mile radius of Birmingham.
Department: Customer Service
Reports to: Service Manager
Working hours: The standard weekly working hours are 37.5 hours, although overtime is expected.
Salary: Including overtime OTE of £50-60k is achievable.
Responsibilities / specific tasks:
- A working knowledge of Shot Blast Equipment would be an advantage.
- Capability to examine blast equipment of any manufacture and provide an accurate written assessment of the equipment condition, plus detail of spare parts and further actions required.
- Good mechanical engineering skills.
- Ability to use hand tools and handheld power tools.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- MMA welding including hard metals (manganese).
- MEWP license (scissor lift, cherry picker etc).
- FLT license.
- Basic knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel).
- Flexibility to work either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to work in a demanding environment, which may involve working unsociable hours during the week and/or at weekends.
- On occasions a willingness to work away from home and possibly overseas as required by the company.
- Ability to communicate with both the internal service support staff and the customer to ensure the mutual needs of both business units are met.
- The ability to efficiently plan and manage working hours in order to produce working schedules that effectively combine existing contracts with incremental work of new contracts and emergency calls as applicable.
Professional experience & background:
- Experience of PLC control systems is desirable but not essential.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join a successful company who are going through an exciting period of growth. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Would also suit candidates from a workshop environment looking to take the next step in their career.
- Full clean driving license. A service van will be provided.
Reasons to join:
At Norican, we are going through a period of growth with innovative products and solutions, which offers positive challenges and opportunities for your career along with ability to take an already successful business with solid foundations to the next step of its evolution and development:
• Join a successful global business which is undergoing significant change, including the introduction of digital AI solutions
• Market leader in our industry
• Exciting time to join the global team, to drive the business forward
• Career development supported
• Conscious company who cares about the planet and has recently signed up to the Science Based Targets Initiative
• Passion colleagues driven by innovation, expertise, and loyalty.
• Competitive salary
• Pension contribution
• Hybrid working / flexible hours
• Modern office environment
• Dynamic and international workspace with freedom to explore your talents.
• A company with good development opportunities and unique products.
We are proud to be a diverse employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At Norican Group we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, we want to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.
If you are interested, please submit an up to date CV to Janette.firstname.lastname@example.org