- Test drive the HMe control system which offers powerful analysis of machine and process data, as well as integration of peripheral and mobile devices. Control the whole die casting process holistically through a single user interface – on the machine or from your desk.
Italpresse Gauss and StrikoWestofen to showcase The Complete Connected Aluminium Foundry
At EUROGUSS 2020 (Tuesday 14 – Thursday 16 January), Italpresse Gauss and StrikoWestofen will show seamlessly connected, best-in-class die casting equipment alongside Wheelabrator surface preparation technology to improve quality and performance while achieving the most sustainable production possible. Norican’s digital team will be on hand to explain the latest IIoT solutions for die casting lines, designed to put aluminium foundries in control of their data and their processes like never before.
The Complete Connected Aluminium Foundry can be found on the Norican Group stand in Hall 7, booth 272.
A combination of digital displays, high-end technology and fascinating demonstrations will bring to life the Complete Foundry, spanning melting, dosing, transfer, casting and surface preparation.
The Complete Connected Aluminium Foundry
The complete high pressure die casting foundry from Norican Group, featuring melting and dosing technology from StrikoWestofen, high pressure die casting technology from Italpresse Gauss, and shot blast technology from Wheelabrator. All connected by Norican Digital's NoriGate and Monitizer IIoT technology.
Visitors to the stand will be able to see the latest best-of-breed technology from Italpresse Gauss, StrikoWestofen and Wheelabrator – and how they work together beautifully. Intelligently integrated machinery, software and services combine to form a unique, end-to-end solution for aluminium die casting to deliver ultimate productivity and quality, with the lowest possible cost and resource use. Add to this smart digital solutions and sophisticated service products designed to maintain optimal performance, and the Norican stand is a must-see for every EUROGUSS 2020 visitor.
HPDC from Italpresse Gauss: suits you perfectly
Italpresse Gauss has led the market in high pressure, gravity and low pressure die casting for over 50 years. At EUROGUSS, its premium range of ultra-rigid, high-performance die casting equipment will take centre stage, supported by ground-breaking data-driven tools that unlock even greater foundry productivity, energy savings and casting excellence:
- Inspect the awe-inspiring HPDC machines that expand the frontiers of high pressure die casting to meet the highest demands of aluminium production and cope with the biggest, most complex structural parts.
- Explore the latest high-productivity work cells for gravity, high and low pressure die casting. These versatile cells combine Italpresse Gauss’s unmatched experience in designing cutting-edge equipment with sophisticated, custom automation - allowing you to configure your perfect process.
StrikoWestofen: dosing, the next generation
StrikoWestofen’s melting, dosing and transfer technologies are famous for outstanding performance and unrivalled efficiency that delivers the very lowest energy use. Here’s the line-up for EUROGUSS 2020:
- Grab the first chance to see a new, customized version of the legendary Westomat dosing furnace with impressive new features. Tight integration with the die casting machine, two alternative pouring positions and a 14% smaller footprint help it fit within existing layouts for more production capacity while simple internal access eases installation, cleaning and maintenance.
- Discover Part Load Efficiency Control for StrikoMelter, which helps foundries optimise melting and holding across fluctuations in capacity, for example by avoiding numerous, short melting periods. The technology can reduce energy use by up to 20%.
- Try out our Efficiency Calculator to see what you can save by operating a StrikoMelter instead of other, less efficient furnaces. Both the StrikoMelter and the new StrikoMelter BigStruc – which remelts large structural parts – offer reduced energy consumption thanks to a clever, covered shaft design
- Check out the Refill Monitor, powered by NoriGate IIoT-driven hardware. The Refill Monitor captures and displays fill level and alloy data across multiple dosing furnaces, eliminating any risk of running low, over-filling or serving the wrong alloy to the die casting machine.
Wheelabrator: surface preparation especially for alu
Wheelabrator makes its debut at this year’s EUROGUSS, with surface preparation solutions designed for aluminium applications:
- Find out about the latest shot blast equipment for aluminium foundries, including the SPH-2-3/8, a new aluminium-specific compact blast machine, and the LBS1000, a mesh belt machine also tailored to aluminium part processing.
- Spin the “Wheel of Fortune”, a real TITAN blast wheel hooked up to Norican’s Monitizer software, and see how you can make the most of machine and process data
Delivering the Complete Connected Aluminium Foundry – digitally and through hands-on support
The Norican family of technologies uniquely offers a complete, end-to-end solution for aluminium foundries. Seamlessly integrated and supported by state-of-the art digitization, individual pieces of kit are joined up to offer exceptional performance and huge potential for cost and energy savings.
Norican Digital, Norican’s digital-focussed laboratory, supports these efforts by developing IIoT products specifically for aluminium die casting and iron foundry operations. Equipment agnostic, open and secure, Norican Digital’s solutions help foundries adopt and benefit from Industry 4.0 technology in a practical and future-proof way. Backed by the global Norican Group network, your Complete Connected Aluminium Foundry is kept running perfectly by the best service and aftermarket support in the industry.
Speak to the stand team at EUROGUSS about innovative new service products and digital innovations to help you hone quality, minimize maintenance requirements, eliminate unplanned downtime and use resources and labour wisely.