UK Apprentice Technical Sales Engineer
Based in Altrincham
- Working with aftermarket sales and service across all lines of business: Wheel blast / Air blast / Abrasive Media / StrikoWestofen Spares & Consumables
- Liaise with the team as to resolve customer issues quickly and effectively.
- Process quotations and customer orders quickly and accurately using the company’s agreed procedures.
- Proactively promote and sell other products to customers during sales calls and to take part in specific telephone sales campaigns as required.
Responsibilities / specific tasks:
- To research and retrieve technical information and drawings required to support the creation of customer quotations for relevant spare parts and EMP project requirements, including the procurement of costs when required.
- To pick up telephone calls, from the overflow system, process orders, and take customer instructions from all areas
- To always promote the entire range of the Wheelabrator Group’s products and services.
- To ensure that customer notes and reports are entered onto the Company’s contact management system (Merlin)
- Liaise with Logistics regarding delivery dates and product availability.
- Assist with Service Department related matters as and when required.
- Help meet or exceed the UK sales budgets across all LoB’s
- Support the Team and our customers as to achieve > 50% NPS customer feedback across all areas.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work both independently and within the team environment.
- Customer orientated, with clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to complex processes, with a practical yet empathetic approach to customer enquiries and perceived issues.
Professional experience & background:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is beneficial, but not essential.
Reasons to Join:
- We are going through a period of growth with innovative products and solutions, which offers positive challenges and opportunities for your career along with ability to take an already successful business with solid foundations to the next step of its evolution and development
- Join a successful global business which is undergoing significant change, including the introduction of digital AI solutions
- Market leader in our industry
- Exciting time to join the global team, to drive the business forward • Career development supported • Conscious company who cares about the planet and has recently signed up to the Science Based Targets Initiative • Passion colleagues driven by innovation, expertise, and loyalty.
- Competitive salary depending on age
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid working / flexible hours
- Modern office environment
- Dynamic and international workspace with freedom to explore your talents.
- A company with good development opportunities and unique products.
We are proud to be a diverse employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At Norican Group we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, we want to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.